Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hail-Yea!

So about 2 months ago a giant storm rolled through the mid-west and brought with it baseball sized hail. Unfortunately our home and cars were in it's direct path and therefore recieved extensive damage. Carlos' car, a 2012 Hyundai Sonata, totally paid off, was not totaled but was damaged to the tune of close to 10grand. Insurance check was received quickly, and repairs took over three weeks. That sucked but the car looks as good as new now. My car, a 2007 Mazda 3, which I loved, was totaled. Boo. So we turned it into the insurance company took our check and purchased a new/used 2011 Hyundai Sonata.
"Wait, time out. Whats that? You own two Hyundai Sonata's? You're that couple? "
Yes and no. Mine's red. His is black. They're not identical. Phew, we're still cool.
To be honest it wasn't planned. It's not like we said, "hey now we can go buy a second Sonata and be matching!" We had to get something new, something that was bigger than my tiny Mazda, fuel efficient, and not a mini van. Like I said, I'm still cool. I'm not ready to be the mom in the mini van and hopefully won't ever be.
***Disclaimer: To all those women out there driving minivans - more power to you. You are lucky to be able to pull it off and enjoy the extra space, ability to separate your children to two whole different sections of the back seat, and not have the back of your seat kicked constantly while you're driving! Seriously, I envy you. I just can't join you. I'm sure you understand***

Anyways, I'm happy with our purchase, and red really is my color. Saying goodbye to my Mazda, the first brand new car I ever owned, was rough. I loved that little, speedy car and had a bittersweet farewell as I watched the tow truck drive off with it.

Here's to hoping somebody purchased it, removed the dents and is now enjoying it as much as I did.

P.S. If that person is you, I apologize for the cheerios, spilled milk stains, dog hair and lip gloss splotches covering the seats, floors and dash. Cleaning it out was not a requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment